Rating Certificate Cut-Off Times
Boats seeking IRC and ORCi certificates for December should note cut-off times for submitting applications to Yachting Australia.
Yacht owners are reminded of the IRC customer service guidelines from the RORC Ratng Office and Yachting Australia:
· Regular IRC applications typically take 10 business days for turn around
· IRC certificates required in less than ten days will be charged as EPF which is double the normal application fee.
· Unfortunately IRC certificates cannot be turned around in less than 5 business days.
To meet the cut-off for the 2009 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race, IRC applications will need to be submitted to Yachting Australia as follows:
· Close of business Tuesday 8 December 2009 for regular applications
· Close of business Tuesday 15 December 2009 for EPF applications
Applications received after these dates may not have their certificates delivered until the New Year.
Yacht owners are advised to plan ahead and make arrangements with IRC or ORCi Measurers well in advance to avoid problems closer to the race cut-off times. To get contact details of Measurers boat owners can refer to the Yachting Australia website or contact its office at any time.
If applications are likely to come through toward the above closing dates, it is recommended to advise Glen Stanaway at Yachting Australia so that the RORC Rating Office and Yachting Australia staff can set aside capacity and make allowances accordingly.