Yachting Australia Corporate Partner
A Windsurfing Instructor is a person who teaches the basic levels of Windsurfing.
Candidates for the Windsurfing Instructor should:
- be at least 16 years of age
- have logged at least 40 hours assisting an Yachting Australia Instructor at a DSC since gaining the Assistant Instructor Certificate
- hold at least a Interediate Windsurfing Certificate
- hold a current Applied First Aid Certificate
- hold an Yachting Australia National Powerboat Handling Certificate
The course for the Windsurfing Instructor Certificate may be carried out by a Senior Instructor at an Yachting Australia DSC provided that approval has been sought by means of an application to the State Association. The candidates for this certificate must attend the Yachting Australia Windsurfing Instructors Course.
The Instructors course will include:
- an in depth study of the program structure, the other Yachting Australia programs and the Yachting Australia aims and objectives.
- a look at the role of Instructors
- teaching methodology
- a study of the aquisition of skill process
- practical sessions on program planning and preparation
- practical assessment of presentation skills and the teaching of Levels 1 & 2 both on and off the water
- practical assessment of powerboat handling skills in a suitable craft including board rescue and on the water coaching.
The Windsurfing Master is a person who is qualified to teach and assess to the Advanced Windsurfing level.
Candidates for this Course must:
- be nominated by an Yachting Australia DSC and have held the Windsurfing Instructor qualification for at least 1 year and have logged a minimum of 100 hours instruction at a Yachting Australia DSC since receiving that certificate.
- have logged at least 40 hours instruction at an Yachting Australia DSC in the past year
- hold a current First Aid certificate
- hold at least one of the Level 4 proficiency certificates
- hold the Yachting Australia National Safety Boat Handling Certificate.
Competition experience: Candidates should have at least one season competitive Windsurfing experience in the discipline of their choice. Candidates who have no competitive boardsailing experience may satisfy this requirement with the equivalent of two seasons long distance ocean boardsailing or specialist shortboard sailing.
Event Management: Candidates should have at least one season (minimum 6 seperate days) experience in the organising of Windsurfing Events catering primarily to beginners and improvers.
Candidates must also complete one of the following tasks:
- Assist a Windsurfing Master with a Level 3 or 4 certificate course, or;
- Co-ordinate and present a Level 3 course whilst being assisted by a Windsurfing Master.