Yachting Australia Corporate Partner
The Club Trainer, although not necessarily a highly skilled sailor, has a genuine interest in the development of the sport. Parents, teachers and club members will fit into this category and once trained they can be a great asset to the organisation to which they belong. Their Yachting Australia qualification enables them to administer junior squads and club racing at an Yachting Australia affiliated club and to promote fleet and interfleet events. The Club Trainer is not qualified to teach or assess the proficiency levels of the National Windsurfing Scheme.
Candidates for the Club Trainer Certificate must:
- hold a current Senior First Aid certificate
- hold the Yachting Australia National Powerboat Handling Certificate
- be nominated by a club or YATC
Training for the Club Trainer Certificate is by way of attendance at a Yachting Australia Windsurfing Coaching Course. Courses will be administered by the State Training Committee at a club or YATC and presented by a qualified Club Trainer
The coaching course will include the following:
- the Yachting Australia aims and objectives
- roles of the Windsurfing coach
- communication techniques
- planning and preparation of a training program or event
- the coaching session
- a practical coaching task
Candidates will be expected to plan and implement a successful training program after attending the Club Trainers course, before recieving their award.