Yachting Australia Corporate Partner
Affiliation to the National Keelboat Scheme
- Existing 'National Yacht Cruising Scheme' YATCs will be contacted late 2010 and invited to apply for recognition. Applications to affiliate to the new National Keelboat Scheme will be considered from September 2010 as the Scheme is due for rollout from January 2011.
- Recognition will be dependant on each Training Centre having a minimum of one qualified Senior Keelboat Instructor and a suitable vessel(s). A Training Centre inspection will be carried out prior to recognition being granted. The cost of the initial inspection will be incorporated in the annual affiliation fee.
- If you are a new YATC or wishing to become a YATC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Conditions of Recognition
Courses in the National Keelboat Scheme may only be offered at a Yachting Australia Training Centre that has been authorised to deliver this Scheme.
To be recognised, a Centre must:
- Have a Principal or Instructor qualified as a Senior Keelboat Instructor or Senior Instructor (non Racing). (To offer the Keelboat Spinnaker and Keelboat Racing Crew courses, this person must be qualified as a Senior Keelboat Instructor.)
- Have access to vessels that meet the criteria for this Scheme. In order to deliver this Scheme effectively and safely, only responsive, self-righting dayboats may be used. Normally these would be tiller steered small keelboats with internal ballast. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis, but it must be clearly demonstrated that all aspects of the Keelboat Syllabus can be delivered safely and without compromise. Boats must be equipped to the Yachting Australia standard and have an annual out of the water inspection.
- Meet certain administrative requirements, such as proof of insurance and a customer feedback system.
- Provide every course participant with a copy of the Keelboat Scheme logbook and the Yachting Australia ‘Introductory Keelboat’ textbook.
- Provide a certificate of completion subject to successful completion of the course.
Please see FM 11 'Keelboat Vessel Inspection Checklist' below which must be completed with YAIR as part of the annual inspection.
|Keelboat Vessel Checklist|
|Yachting Australia Inspection Report Form|
|YAGN Guidance Notes for Recognition|
|Application to affiliate to the National Keelboat Scheme|